Do you love being around kids? Are you looking for work? Work for us! We have families who need you
The relationship between a Nanny and the children in their care can be one that lasts a lifetime. If you are interested in learning more about this exciting career option, then you have come to the right place. At Home Grown Kids we have been supporting Nannies and Families since 1997 and we would love to be working with you too.
If you join Home Grown kids you will get fantastic support from our Visiting Teachers who regularly visit you, bringing along their toy library and lots of ideas for play.
Being a nanny in a small town with no nanny agencies left me on my own and overwhelmed at the prospect of having to do my own tax, ACC, student loan etc. That’s where HGK came in, they sorted out the finance side of things leaving me hassle free. Monthly visits by the Teacher are great; Trish has really been a help with resources, educational activities and ideas. Organised combined activities for nannies in the area have been lots of fun for both nannies and the children."
Meet our Recruitment Consultant - Julie D'Arcy
Hi, I'm Julie. I have been with Home Grown Kids since 2008 and love meeting Nannies with a passion for their chosen path to recruit and place in employment with our great families.
If you are a Nanny looking for work, please complete the Nanny enquiry form as the first step and I will be in touch. We require a minimum of two childcare work related referees to contact and a current first aid certificate to register with us. We will complete a Police Check for you.
Home Grown Kids provides you with:
• Access to our free toy library
• Monthly visits, outings and playgroups for you and the children
• Payroll service and an Employment Agreement for use with the family
What we will need from you:
• Experience working in Childcare, we need to be able to check two recent Childcare work references
• Current First Aid Certificate or be willing to complete one swiftly when placed with a family
• Full drivers licence and your own car, most families require this
• A clear police check - we will do this
• Be willing to follow Te Whaariki - NZ Early Childhood Curriculum and complete Learning Stories for the children you are caring for
Under our Ministry of Education Licence, we have age restrictions for nannies as follows: Age 18+ for all areas