Since 1997, Home Grown Kids has spent a portion of the funding we receive on developing this huge resource, and it's available to our Nannies, Educators and Families for their use.
Each Visiting Teacher operates their own Library in their own area. No two Toy Libraries are the same and these photos are all taken from a selection of just one kit.
At each educational visit, the Teacher carries a selection of toys that relate to the focus of the Education Programme for that child.
Each Teacher is funded to maintain their Toy Library. Worn items are replaced and the Library is constantly growing and changing.
So, what is in a typical Toy Library?
Just a small selection will likely include:
- Dress-ups and role play
- Blocks - Lego, Duplo, Wooden blocks
- Musical instruments
- Carpentry tools
- Threading (for developing fine motor skills )
- Tents, tunnels and other crawl-throughs
- Baby dolls and strollers
- Infant toys
- Mathematical equipment
- Card puzzles
- Sporting equipment - balls, hula hoops, sporting games etc
- CD's - music songs and sing-alongs
- Books, books and more books ( Literally hundreds on just about every subject)
- Science kits - for conducting experiments
- Theme-based resources
All this and much, much more is available when you're a Home Grown Kid!